IPL History is full of the actions of players and entertainment for people. Sixth Largest League was established in 2008. On the 24 of January 2008 teams start bidding and purchasing 8 teams from Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mohali, and Mumbai. IPL 1st season starts on 18 April 2008. A total of 14 seasons of IPL were played. 3422000 people saw 1st season of IPL in the stadium of Australia. 2nd season was hosted by South Africa. Only 200 million people in India saw the 2nd season of IPL. 3rd season of IPL was the first sporting event in the world to be broadcast live on YouTube. IPL 2023 is going to start in April 2022. According to IPL 2023 Schedule, the 1st match of IPL 2023 will be played on 2nd April 2023.
IPL History Team Winner
- 2008 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 1st season won by Rajasthan Royals.
- 2009 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 2nd season won by Deccan Chargers.
- 2010 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 3rd season won by Chennai Super Kings.
- 2011 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 4th season won by Chennai Super Kings.
- 2012 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 5th season won by Kolkata Knight Riders.
- 2013 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 6th season won by Mumbai Indians.
- 2014 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 7th season won by Kolkata Knight Riders.
- 2015 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 8th season won by Mumbai Indians second time.
- 2016 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 9th season won by SunRisers Hyderabad.
- 2017 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 10th season won by Mumbai Indians.
- 2018 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 11th season won by Chennai Super Kings.
- 2019 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 12th season won by Mumbai Indians.
- 2020 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 13th season won by Mumbai Indians.
- 2021 IPL WINNER TEAM: IPL 14th season won by Chennai Super Kings.
Mumbai Indians Team won 5 times in IPL history and Chennai Super Kings team won 4 times in IPL history.
Most Runs in IPL History
Virat Kohli makes the highest runs 6283 in Indian Premier League history.
13 Years IPL History Records
Many records were made by Batsmen, Bowlers, Teams, Wicket keepers in 13 years of Indian Premier League History.
Highest Opening Partnership
Johnny Bristow and David Warner make 185 runs against Royal Challengers Bangalore in the opening match of 2019 IPL and record the highest partnership between them.
- Lasith Malinga takes 170 highest wickets from 122 matches and makes the record in Indian Premier League History.
- David Warner played 142 matches and makes 48 fifty in IPL history.
- Chris Gayle played 142 matches and makes 6 times centuries in the history of the Indian Premier League.
- Andre Russel makes the highest strike rate 182.33 in IPL history.
- Rashid Khan makes the best economic rate 6.24 in IPL history.
- Amit Mishra takes Hat-tricks 3 times.
- In IPL history Chris Gayle makes the fastest century on 30 balls.
- David Warner get 3 times orange cap in IPL history.
- Delhi Capitals lost 105 matches.
- Mumbai Indians team won 5 times and Rohit Sharma won the best captain 6 times, 5 times for the Mumbai Indian team, and 1 time for Deccan Chargers.
- Dinesh Kartik won the title of 110 highest wicketkeeper catches in IPL history.
In IPL History Most Wicket Taker In a Season
DJ Bravo takes 32 wickets in a season and makes a record in IPL history. Click here to read the full article.
Who makes most fours and sixes in IPL history?
Shikhar Dhawan makes 592 fours and Chris Gayle makes 349 Sixes in the history of IPL.
Who Takes Most Catches in IPL History?
Suresh Raina got 102 catches from 193 matches.
5 Players Who Make The Highest Runs In IPL
- Virat Kohli 6283 runs
- S Dhawan 5784 runs
- RG Sharma 5611 runs
- SK Raina 5528 runs
- David Warner 5449 runs
Shocking Facts of IPL History
- Rules for Team: Salary cap of the entire squad must not exceed $80 crore. The squad must be between 18-25 players, with a maximum of 8 overseas players. A team can play with a maximum of 4 overseas players in their playing eleven.
- In the 1st season of IPL Pakistani players also took place in the Indian Premier League. Shoaib Akhtar was the player of Kolkata Knight Riders and Shaid Afridi was the player of Deccan Chargers.
- Parthiv Patel was the only player who make a part of 6 teams.
- Karan Sharma was declared lucky because he was the part of Chennai Super Kings team who won the IPL match title 3 times.
- CSK team never change his captain.
- MS Dhoni has always been a captain of Chennai Super Kings. *Delhi Daredevils teams never play the IPL final. *KL Rahul makes the fastest fifty record, he makes fifty on 14 balls.
- Kinz11Punjab was the only team that changes his captain 11 times in 11 seasons.
- Manzoor Dar was the only player of Jammu Kashmir who played in IPL.
- These are the amazing facts about Indian Premier League history.
- Who is the most expensive player of IPL?